Friday, August 17, 2012

Cookies and Milk, anyone?

So this afternoon I was craving for some walk and my destination is Cubao Expo. I was expecting to go to Libreria Bookstore that my husband and I found about last year. Libreria  to my knowledge is a bookstore where you can find a lot of books, maybe old or new or 2nd hand, but who cares, the older the book the better, like wine. Speaking of wine, you can't find wine there, instead, they offer coffee, YES COFFEE!! And they have this set of sofa, where one can sit comfortably while browsing books and being warmed up by a hot coffee of your choice, paired with a cake, if one prefers to. Next to the sofa was a set of a table and chairs for the readers, so there that's the picture of what the Libreria looks like. Because it was so unique and peaceful I was intrigue and curious and excited to visit there soon, but unfortunately we haven't found time yet, so I thought this would be the perfect time.

When i got there to the spot i knew where it was, It was gone, as in GONE (accompanied by some horror music on the background) let's do it again, IT WAS GONE.....MY WORLD JUST SUDDENLY CRUMBLED DOWN! OH NOOOO!!!! (just kidding!)
Well it was replace by a new store. No big deal. I went on, I walk around pretending i was not desperate. But heyyy look what i found, a new cookie and milk shop, ohhh yeah! (dancing in the disco, dadadadancing in the disco) I was happy, so happy enough to try their menu. The shop's name is "Sweet Ecstasy". I got myself a cookie and a glass of fresh milk (forget the low fat, it's a cookie that i have, COOKIE!) I'm glad i found Sweet Ecstasy, it was a sweet afternoon indeed. With just a less than a hundred bucks, finding happiness is that too easy. Next time I'll bring a book or a friend. Bring your friends too. But if you want to be alone, it's a perfect time to have a moment of peace from the hustle and bustle of life. You may prefer to watch at the flat screen TV with cable, how cool that can be, or you can bring a book it's nice to read there the ambiance is perfect, or just chill out and bring a two small ear plugs that is round in shape, big or small it doesn't matter, it comes in diff. color usually white, people just love white, anyway, it's the one that bring forth music =D ayt.

Much has been said, so these are the photos i got so far, I hope you'll like it.

"Sweet Ecstasy"

Inside the shop, it's nice and clean, very avant garde and minimalistic 
I love everything in it, It reminds me a lot of the cafes in Melbourne, 
I haven't yet been there but the photos say so, that's why. 



 Outside the shop,





More on the inside,





the menu glued on the wall,





1/4 liter of fresh milk
 (50 php)






Butterscotch and Bacon Cookie
(35 php)






Pa-extra lang yung satchel bag



milk and cookie




who took the cookie? from the cookie plate? haha...






The Art Gallery upstairs
(such a lovely place to unwind and hang-out)























SWEET ECSTASY

About


Milk and Cookies Bar. Where you can have your cookie and eat it too! Operating hours: 3-11pm on weekdays. Fri-Sat 3pm-2amCubao X, Quezon City

Description
We serve the best cookies in town! With the freshest milk! If you're craving for something sweet, we got you covered. Hang out and chill with us at the shop. We'll always have something for you when you pass by. It's all about Milk+Cookies baby! Fcuk Cake! :)


LocationCubao X, Araneta Center, Quezon City, Philippines
Hours
Mon - Thu:3:00 pm-11:00 pm
Fri - Sat:3:00 pm-2:00 am
Sun:3:00 pm-10:00 pm

Phone0916 594 1229
Emailecstasysweet@gmail.com
Websitehttp://twitter.com/sweetXecstasy
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Ecstasy/


No comments:

Post a Comment